In order to aid the successful implementation of medical home programs at other facilities, Lakewood Health System has developed a comprehensive training package available for purchase. It includes:
- The book “Putting the Principles into Practice”, written by Dr. John Halfen, Medical Director and founder of Lakewood Health System’s Medical Home Program
- Patient perspectives
- Training presentation (in Power Point) by Dr. Halfen
- Frequently asked questions with Dr. Halfen and Niki, Medical Home Care Coordinator at Lakewood Health System
- Necessary documents for implementation, including steps for developing a medical home, program benefits, recommended team structure and principles, criteria for admission, consultation requests, and examples of patient communication materials
- Dr. Halfen’s book “Putting the Principles into Practice” is also available for separate purchase ($30).
The cost of the package is $250; however bulk discounts are available. For more information, or to purchase a training package, contact Lois at 218-894-8311.