Swedish massage is the most commonly offered and best-known type of massage. If it’s you’re first time receiving a massage, Swedish massage is the perfect place to start.
During Swedish massage, our massage therapists use massage oils to facilitate smooth, gliding strokes. Other classic Swedish massage moves include kneading, friction, stretching and (sometimes) tapping.
Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits including:
- Stress, tension and anxiety relief
- Improved blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells
- Stimulation the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products
- Prevent and relieve muscles cramps and spasms
- Pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms