If you or someone you love has one or more of the following symptoms, a sleep disorder may be the cause.
- Snore frequently
- High blood pressure
- Morning headaches
- Wake up in the morning feeling non-refreshed
- Difficulty concentrating and completing tasks at work
- Feel sleepy during the day
- Feel sleepy or doze off while watching TV, reading, driving or engaged in daily activities
- Awake at night gasping for air or choking
- Kicking or twitching movements while asleep
- Pauses in breathing while you sleep
- Fallen asleep while driving
- Sexual dysfunction
These are all symptoms of a sleep disorder. If you have any of them, make an appointment to discuss this with your primary care physician or other medical provider. After ruling out other possible medical problems, your doctor may suggest you have an evaluation at the sleep center.