Make a Difference – Join our Team!
Last year, volunteers donated more than 3,000 hours of service to Lakewood Health System. Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! People like you are an essential piece to the high-quality care we offer our patients and residents. There are numerous opportunities available so we’ll be sure to find the best match for your time, talent and skills.
How Do I Become A Volunteer?
For more information about becoming a volunteer at Lakewood Health System, please contact the Volunteer Office at 218-894-8051 or click on “Documents” on the right to download and complete the application packet. When completed, mail to:
Lakewood Health System
49725 County 83
Staples, MN 56479
Who Can Volunteer?
Lakewood Health System volunteers are women and men at least 14 years of age or older. There is no minimum time commitment for volunteers. Whether you wish to come every week or once every month, we are glad to welcome you as part of our caring and attentive organization.
As a volunteer, there are a variety of positions available varying in the amount of patient contact and physical activity. Some of the opportunities include:
- Staffing the Guest Services desk
- Providing musical entertainment
- Clerical/office tasks
- Knitting baby caps/quilts
- Gift shop assistant
- Hospice program volunteering
- Visiting with residents and patients
- Many more!
How Will I Benefit From Volunteering?
As a volunteer at Lakewood Health System you will benefit greatly, as will those around you. Volunteering gives you the chance to:
- Utilize your talents, develop new skills and explore interests
- Receive complimentary meals and snacks
- Receive recognition through events and awards
- Socialize, network and connect with people in our community
- Stay active and exercise
- Live a longer, happier, healthier life
- Make a difference in the lives of patients and their families
We look forward to hearing from you and having you become part of the Lakewood family! Lakewood Health System volunteers and our health care team share one common goal of providing “quality, personalized healthcare for a lifetime”. Because one person can make a great difference…