We know many people are concerned and wondering about the spread of COVID-19 and how that impacts Lakewood Health System; in particular, our assisted living tenants.
To keep the families and friends of our tenants up-to-date on their activities, we will be adding updates to this page. Please check back often! (Click on Documents to the right to view our weekly Chronicles.)
March 19, 2021: Effective immediately, assisted living visitation can resume for tenants when specific criteria are met. Please keep in mind this can change based on facility outbreaks and county case rates. All visits MUST be scheduled by calling 218-541-0143 (weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.); after hours and weekends (Lakewood Pines: 218-894-4460 and Lakewood Manor: 218-894-2124).
- Visits are scheduled for two hours.
- All visitors will be screened and are expected to wear necessary PPE.
- No eating or drinking is allowed during indoor visitation.
- Visits will take place in tenant apartments or the conference room.
- Two people allowed per visit, with no more than three people in addition to the tenant. (Exp. Tenant may have one essential caregiver and two visitors allowed at the same time, but visitors have a two-hour time limit.)
- These visits will not be supervised.
- Visitors must go directly to the room in which their visit is taking place; visiting with tenants and staff and walking around the halls is not allowed.
We look forward seeing you again!
February 12, 2021: The COVID-19 prevalence rates in both the Pines and Manor, as well as the county have decreased to the point where we can once again offer indoor visits for tenants and their loved ones. To help keep our tenants safe, please do not visit if you are ill, have a recent known COVID-19 exposure, or cannot comply with our masking and social distancing regulations. ALL visits must be scheduled ahead to ensure we have openings and space available.
- Visiting hours for Lakewood Pines and Manor will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at this time. These will be scheduled in 30-minute increments to accommodate all visitors.
- Call 894-2124 or 218-541-0143 to schedule a visit at Lakewood Manor
- Call 218-894-4460 or 218-541-0143 to schedule a visit at Lakewood Pines
October 21, 2020: Effective immediately, Lakewood Care Center, Lakewood Pines and Lakewood Manor are suspending indoor visitation per guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). This guidance comes from increasing COVID-19 positivity rates in Wadena and Todd counties, with CMS data showing Todd county as over the 10% threshold. We will continue to offer virtual visits, compassionate care visits, and essential care visits, per regulation.