Lakewood Health System offers state-of-the-art technology to provide a full spectrum of safe and accurate imaging services. Our team uses these essential tools to help diagnose and treat illness, injury and disease. Once here, you’ll discover a warm and welcoming environment, with supportive team members who focus on your individual needs and comfort.
Imaging and radiology tests
Our advanced technology ensures accurate results while using the lowest possible radiation for your safety.
- DEXA Bone Density Scan – A bone density scan, also known as a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan, measures your bone strength.
- Computerized tomography (CT scan), including low-dose technology and 320-slice CT – Produces three-dimensional pictures of a cross-section of the body
- X-ray – Takes digital images of anatomical structures
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Uses radio waves and a strong magnetic field to create high-resolution images of the inside of the body
- PET/CT scan – A specialized nuclear medicine procedure that is combined with CT technology to detect changes in body tissue and locate them with precision
- Ultrasound – Relies on high-frequency sound waves to scan body tissues
- Mammography – Is an x-ray or digital examination of the internal structure of the breast.