An X-ray machine uses electromagnetic waves to create black-and-white pictures of the inside of your body. This common imaging test is quick, easy, and noninvasive.
Your doctor may recommend an X-ray to:
- Diagnose broken bones or fractures
- Assess your bone and joint health
- Find foreign objects in your body
- Screen for or diagnose breast cancer (mammogram)
- Diagnose or monitor treatment for lung conditions, such as pneumonia, emphysema, and lung cancer
- Diagnose digestive conditions, such as gallstones and intestinal blockages
Contact us if you have any questions about X-ray scans!