Joint Connection at Lakewood Health System is your home for comprehensive joint replacement care. Our program is designed to return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. Most patients will be able to walk the first day after surgery and move towards normal activity in six to twelve weeks.
Our team of interdisciplinary staff members will work together seamlessly to create the best patient experience possible. At Lakewood, we develop a personal relationship with each patient, coach, family member and volunteer to ensure patient satisfaction—meeting one-on-one to discuss personal goals and expectations of the program.
A total joint replacement surgery can improve the quality of life for people suffering from arthritis, previous joint injuries or chronic pain. The Joint Connection program provides or coordinates:
- A complete history and physical
- Laboratory tests and diagnostics
- Comprehensive educational program and follow-up for the patient and their coach
- Physical and occupational therapy evaluation, as well as in-patient and out-patient physical therapy
- Transitional care for those individuals unable to be discharged home after the anticipated 3-day program
- World-Class Orthopedic Surgeons from Twin Cities Orthopedics
Your Joint Connection team will include:
- One of our outstanding TCO surgeons
- Your Lakewood primary care provider
- Orthopedic case manager
- A patient benefit coordinators
- Dedicated joint replacement nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Massage therapists
Comprehensive Replacement Care
Our Joint Connection team will work with you from the moment you decide to have surgery to plan your individual treatment program and will act as your guide throughout your joint replacement experience. You’ll be supported by an entire team who specialize in joint replacement care, including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists. Joint Connection will work with you to make your joint replacement journey as comfortable and easy as possible.
Joint Connection at Lakewood Health System is designed to encourage the best possible results for you. As part of your journey, you will be provided with a comprehensive patient guidebook for you to follow from your initial visit prior to surgery until three months after surgery, and beyond. In addition, our program emphasizes individualized activities during your recovery process.
Contact us if you have any questions about joint replacement!
Schedule Appointment MyChart Login Pay My Bill