As the foundation of everything we do at Lakewood Health System, family medicine means providing unmatched care to the whole family, throughout their whole lives. Life-long care with a single provider is common at Lakewood and from our growing list of primary care providers to our team of dedicated on-staff specialists, you’re sure to find the care you need.
Committed not only to your physical health, our providers also take into consideration mental and emotional health, as well as social determinants in order to develop a complete picture of your overall health and well-being.
We care deeply about your health and want you to feel that during every visit.
To learn more about family medicine at Lakewood, click a drop down below.
Contact us for more information about our family practice!
Your family practice provider at Lakewood can provide a long list of care including:
- Screening tests
- Family planning/birth control
- Health education on nutrition and exercise
- Male and female specific health concerns
- Preventative care visits
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses, infections, and injuries
- Managing chronic conditions
- Preventive care, such as well-child checkups and routine screenings
- Growth and development monitoring
Turn to your family provider for diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses and injuries, including:
- Ear infections
- Minor burns
- Sinus infections
- Skin conditions, like rashes or warts
- Sprains and strains
- Strep throat
Partner with your family provider to manage long-lasting conditions, including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Mental health concerns, like anxiety and depression
If you’re pregnant or plan to get pregnant, many of our family medicine physicians provide prenatal care and deliver babies. They can also continue you and your baby’s care as their primary care provider after delivery.