Just like your mental and physical health, sexual well-being is an important part of your overall health. It’s important to keep in mind that sexual health conditions are common in both men and women.
Sexual health involves understanding one’s own body, a partner’s body, and all of the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects involved with intimacy. Sexual concerns may involve one or more of these factors, and our sexual health services can help identify and address many of these issues.
At Lakewood, our diverse team provides a full spectrum of sexual health services including urology, primary care providers, behavioral health therapists, and physical therapists.
Common sexual health concerns include:
- Loss of interest in or around sex
- Decreased arousal during sex
- Difficulties with erections
- Problems with early or delayed ejaculation
- Difficulties with orgasm
- Pain with sexual activity; genital pain
- Lifelong difficulties with sexual function, which are now causing a problem for you
- Menopausal symptoms which may or may not affect sexual function directly
- Desire a second opinion on a sexual concern or intervention
- Address concerns about sexual function and chronic disease, medications, aging, or other health issues
Talk to your primary care provider to find the solution that’s right for you.
Contact us if you have any questions about sexual health!