Virtual visits are helping make access to health care more convenient. Lakewood patients have the option to see and talk to their provider through a smartphone, tablet or computer, meaning they don’t have to go to a clinic or sit in a waiting room. Instead, they can visit with their provider from the comfort of their own home.
Contact us if you have any questions about our virtual visits!
- Questions related to COVID-19: Including assessment of possible symptoms, recommendations following a known/potential exposure and recommendation regarding testing.
- Visits related to primary care and obstetrics.
- Chronic disease management: Including those in need of refills for chronic medications (diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, COPD, high cholesterol, heart disease, anticoagulation management, thyroid disease, erectile dysfunction, tobacco cessation).
- Wide variety of acute concerns: Fever, sore throat, cold symptoms, cough, allergies/allergic rhinitis, urinary tract infection, acid reflux, bronchitis, rashes, ear pain, sinusitis, conjunctivitis/pink eye, gastroenteritis (acute diarrhea and/or vomiting), constipation, abdominal pain, minor musculoskeletal injuries/overuse injuries.
- Mental health concerns: Anxiety, depression, trouble sleeping.
- Contraception/birth control counseling and management.
- Discussion and preventative care issues/ healthcare maintenance. (Patients can discuss recommended preventative care with the providers and future arrangements can be made for any indicated lab work, immunizations, screening tests, etc.)
- Lifestyle care/guidance: Including diabetic education and tobacco cessation counseling
*Not all visits can be completed via virtual visit. Those include: Complete physicals, DOT physicals, well child checks, preoperative visits, or any visit that would require hands-on care. Please talk with your provider or a member of your care team if you have questions.
If you need to be seen for something not included above, please call 218-894-1515 with any questions or concerns.
A staff member will reach out to you to walk through how to sign in to your virtual visit from the comfort of your home. Once signed in, you will be able to talk with your provider over your computer or smartphone. Visits can also be done over the phone for individuals without a computer or smartphone.
You can schedule your virtual visit one of the following ways:
- Call 218-894-1515 and ask to schedule a virtual visit. The scheduler will guide you through the process.
- Message your provider via MyChart requesting a virtual visit.
You will receive an email confirmation with instructions for your visit. You can also view your appointment details in MyChart as you would with any regular appointment.
A virtual visit is billed the same as an in-person appointment. There may be a co-payment depending on your insurance provider. If during your virtual visit your provider determines you should come in to be seen in person, you will be billed for the in-person visit, not the virtual visit.