Physical therapy focuses on the improvement of function related to injuries to the spine, pelvis, arms and the legs. We help mobilize your tissues and treat areas using techniques that also help speed healing. Our team works with you to maximize your therapy benefits.
At Lakewood Health System, our therapists never stop learning. In fact, they are constantly being educated on techniques and strategies that ensure you are getting the best care possible. Working closely with you and your physician, their expertise will help develop a rehabilitation program specifically designed to meet your individual needs.
The process begins with an evaluation to better understand you and your body. From there, a plan of care is tailored to your needs to maximize your results. Physical therapy treatments may include:
- Post-op ortho rehab
- Prenatal and postpartum rehab
- Post spinal surgery rehab
- Joint replacement therapy
- Light therapy
- Traumatic brain injury rehab
- Post stroke rehab
- Neurological rehab
- Parkinsons (LSVT BIG) therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Fitness center consultations
- Pre-employment/return-to-work assessments and training
- Vestibular rehab (including positional vertigo)
- Concussion rehab
- Brodux balance system prevention
- Orthopedic injuries (sprains, strains and tendonitis)
- Postural restoration
- Lite Gait body weight supported treadmill system
- Kinesio/McConnell taping
- Adaptive equipment
- Myofasical release
- Manual therapy
- Soft tissue techniques
- Balance assessments and falls therapy
- Biodex balance system
- Dry needling
In addition to our main campus in Staples, outpatient physical therapy services are offered at our clinic locations in Pillager and Browerville.
Contact us if you have any questions about our physical therapy services!