At Lakewood, we offer complete asthma care. To help you control your asthma, our providers will work closely with you to:
- Understand your asthma
- Recognize asthma signs and symptoms
- Learn about your triggers and how to avoid them
- Control asthma episodes
Our physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists will work with you to create a treatment plan that helps you breathe easier while still enjoying activities that you love. If medication is necessary, we’ll work to find the prescription that works best for you.
With a plan in place, we will then provide you the tools necessary to take control of your asthma. Asthma education is prescribed through your primary physician and it is available to patients with a diagnosis of asthma and their family members.
Our adult and pediatric asthma programs include:
- One-on-one consultation
- Basic facts about asthma inhaler or nebulizer technique instruction
- Reinforcement of peak flow monitoring
- Designation of green, yellow and red zones on Asthma Action Plan
- Environmental control measures
- Emphasis of need of regular follow-up visits
- Recommend navigation of healthcare at Lakewood Health System
- Pre-test and post-test to measure outcomes
Contact us if you have any questions about our asthma care!