An estimated 70 million Americans have a sleep condition, reports the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Your body needs sleep to heal and restore itself. If you are constantly tossing and turning at night or waking up not feeling refreshed, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder.
At Lakewood Health System we’re here to help you enjoy peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. A good night’s sleep can help you concentrate, maintain a healthy mood and build a strong immune system. Untreated sleep disorders put you at risk for heart disease and other health issues.
What is a sleep study?
Sleep studies are a simple, painless process where a specially trained sleep technologist monitors your brainwaves, eye movement, breathing, blood oxygen levels, heart rate and muscle activity while you sleep comfortably in one of our private sleep study rooms.
Do I have a sleep disorder?
Do you find you:
- Are overweight?
- Have high blood pressure?
- Are tired all the time?
- Don’t feel refreshed after sleeping all night?
- Have difficulty focusing at work?
- Wake up in the morning with headaches?
- Toss and turn a lot in your sleep?
- Stop breathing while sleeping?
- Have trouble falling and staying asleep?
- Often take sleeping pills in order to sleep?
- Struggle with sexual performance?
- Have a creepy, crawling feeling in your legs when you lie down?
If you have sleep concerns, or have one or more of the above symptoms, your provider may send a referral order for you to have a sleep study.
Contact us if you have questions about our sleep study!
Schedule Appointment MyChart Login Pay My Bill