Your pregnancy test is positive, and you are excited, shocked, elated, anxious—you name it! Before you shout your news from the rooftops, take a little time to let it all set in. After telling your partner, it’s time to have a conversation with another important member of your team – your provider. Now’s the time to schedule your first prenatal visit. Call 218-894-8525!
At Lakewood Health System our OB program is an outstanding resource as you start your pregnancy journey. Staffed with labor and delivery nurses from the hospital, our team can assist you with every aspect of our care. Our OB program will:
- Provide you with a complete tour of the birthing unit
- Instruct/guide you to specific information about your pregnancy
- Discuss your care plan, before, during and after delivery
- Assist you before and/or after your appointments with your provider
- Provide support as needed if unable to reach your provider.
- Provide a one-time home visit after your infant is born.
Our team is also staffed with certified lactation counselors to assist with breastfeeding, and a car seat safety technician to assist with car seat safety. She can instruct you on choosing the correct car seat and installation. We do travel to our satellite clinics located in Motley, Pillager, Eagle Bend, and Browerville, as needed.
Our program is free of charge. For more information on the OB program and what it offers, or to make an appointment, please call 218-894-8525.
Events & Classes
Our OB staff are the instructors and they assist with coordination for the events and classes we offer.
Contact us if you have any questions!