Lakewood is screening all employees, patients and visitors prior to entry into our facilities. We are also restricting visitors. Please see below for details.
Patient and Visitor Screening
Per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requirements, Lakewood is screening patients, visitors and staff at all building entrances. All visitors must pass screening to proceed into the building. Any patients who don’t pass screening can either leave the building or be seen in our Quick Care clinic. Everyone who enters is expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. Screening consists of answering whether you have any symptoms of COVID, exposure to COVID, or signs of a fever.
Please be honest about the answers you give during the screening process as this allows us to provide the best, safest care to all our patients.
- Hospital/OB – Three visitors per patient per stay. One visitor is allowed at a time and must be 12 years of age or older. All visitors must be screened upon entering the building and wear a mask for the duration of their visit. Clergy are allowed to visit and are not included as part of the three visitors policy. (This does not include skilled nursing facility (SNF) beds, outpatients or COVID-19 positive patients.)
- Surgery – No visitors, except surgical patients’ drivers.
- Pediatric surgery patients are allowed two parents/guardians. Pediatric is defined as those 17 years of age and younger.
- Emergency department – No visitors, except with extenuating circumstances or provider discretion.
- Clinics – Up to two caregivers/guardians are allowed in a clinic visit with a patient. This does not extend to visitors.
- Care Center – Only compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time. (Call 218-894-8430 to schedule.)
- Lakewood Pines – Scheduled visitors, and compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time. (Call 218-541-0143 to schedule.)
- Lakewood Manor – Scheduled visitors, and compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time. (Call 218-541-0143 to schedule.)
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – No visitors, except for end-of-life visits.
If you have questions or feel a visit to one of these facilities is absolutely necessary, please call the respective number below:
- Hospital/Emergency Department/Surgery/Clinics – 218-894-1515
- Care Center – 218-894- 8345
- Lakewood Pines – 218-894-4460
- Lakewood Manor – 218-894-2124
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – 218-894-8200
These restrictions apply to the family and friends of staff members, as well as those visiting The Grille and The Shoppe.