Lakewood is screening all employees, patients and visitors prior to entry into our facilities. We are also restricting visitors. Please see below for details.
Patient and Visitor Screening
Per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requirements, Lakewood is screening patients, visitors and staff at all building entrances. All visitors must pass screening to proceed into the building. Any patients who don’t pass screening can either leave the building or be seen in our Quick Care clinic. Everyone who enters is expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. Screening consists of:
- A temperature check (97° to 98.9° is considered a passing temperature)
- Answering whether you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Answering whether you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are waiting on test results
Please be honest about the answers you give during the screening process as this allows us to provide the best, safest care to all our patients.
- Hospital – One visitor per patient per hospital inpatient stay. Upon admission to the hospital, the patient will give the name of their chosen visitor to the nursing team and that person will be allowed to visit the patient in their hospital room during their stay.
- OB – No visitors, except a birthing partner.
- Surgery – No visitors, except surgical patients’ drivers.
- Emergency Department – No visitors, except with extenuating circumstances or provider discretion.
- Clinics – Up to two caregivers/guardians are allowed in a clinic visit with a patient. This does not extend to visitors.
- Care Center – Only compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time. (Call 218-894-8430 to schedule.)
- Lakewood Pines – Only compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time.
- Lakewood Manor – Only compassionate care and essential caregiver visits allowed at this time.
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – No visitors, except for end-of-life visits.
If you have questions or feel a visit to one of these facilities is absolutely necessary, please call the respective number below:
- Hospital/Emergency Department/Surgery/Clinics – 218-894-1515
- Care Center – 218-894- 8345
- Lakewood Pines – 218-894-4460
- Lakewood Manor – 218-894-2124
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – 218-894-8200
These restrictions apply to the family and friends of staff members, as well as those visiting The Grille and The Shoppe.