Lakewood provides COVID-19 drive-up testing for patients and community members, so they don’t need to leave their vehicle to be swabbed. A standing order is now in place which allows a drive-up COVID-19 test to be ordered and completed for those who meet the following criteria:
- Individual is experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Individual has a known exposure
- Individual needs a test result in order to return to work
- Individual needs a test result in order to travel
Drive-up testing is only available by appointment, which can be scheduled by calling 218-894-1515 and choosing option #2 when directed. A member of our team will assist you in scheduling a drive-up test at one of our two locations:
- Browerville: Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Staples: Monday – Friday, 9 to 10:20 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m.
If your COVID-19 test comes back positive, a member of our team will contact you after we have reviewed your results. Please be sure to have an accurate phone number on file with Lakewood Health System so we can reach you promptly with your results. Please note, the Minnesota Department of Health will also be contacting you if your results are positive. Due to the high volume of tests being completed, if your results are negative you will be notified in one of the following ways:
- MyChart/MyHealth: This is the preferred method of notification, as it allows you to see your results at the same time we do. This is the fastest way to be notified your results are negative. (Click to sign up for a MyChart/MyHealth account.)
- Email: The second preferred method is via email. This is not as prompt as MyChart/MyHealth, but a better option than waiting for a mailed letter. Please be sure to have an active email address on file.
- Letter: The final method of communicating will be by a standard, mailed letter. Please note, this may take up to seven days to reach you.
Again, due to the high volume of tests completed, we will NOT be calling patients with negative COVID-19 test results.
- COVID-19 test: $151
- Antibody test: $108
Coverage of these testing costs varies by individual health insurance plans. Please check with your carrier for coverage specifics.