January 14 – Lakewood has NOT yet received/been allotted any COVID vaccine doses for the general public. We will update this page and our website when that changes or when we have more information.
January 13 – On Tuesday, January 12th, the federal government stated they would no longer be holding back second doses of the COVID vaccine and are asking states to start vaccinating older adults and people with high-risk medical conditions in an effort to accelerate vaccinations.
What this means for Lakewood Health System and our patients and communities:
- We are currently still in the process of vaccinating individuals in the priority groups designated by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) with pre-allocated doses from the state specifically to be used for these groups.
- The state of Minnesota is working on the distribution guidelines/process for those 65+ and those under 65 with comorbidities. Lakewood continues to follow guidance from the MDH as we receive it.
- Lakewood is working with local public health organizations to coordinate vaccination efforts.
- We understand the frustrations and confusion surrounding the COVID vaccine. While Minnesota is following the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, other states have chosen to prioritize other groups of people instead. This is why you may see different vaccination strategies being used in other states.
- We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this rapidly changing situation and do our best to keep everyone up to date.
Please continue to watch our Facebook page and website for updated information in the coming weeks.