Lakewood is screening all employees, patients and visitors prior to entry into our facilities. We are also restricting visitors. Please see below for details.
Patient and Visitor Screening
Per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requirements, Lakewood is screening patients, visitors and staff at all building entrances. All visitors must pass screening to proceed into the building. Any patients who don’t pass screening can either leave the building or be seen in our Quick Care clinic. Everyone who enters is expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. Screening consists of:
- Answering whether you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Answering whether you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are waiting on test results
Please be honest about the answers you give during the screening process as this allows us to provide the best, safest care to all our patients.
- Effective Friday, April 1st, 2022, visitor policies for all areas/departments will return to pre-COVID-19 practices, with one change: no more than TWO visitors are allowed per patient at one time.
- This applies to the hospital, including med/surg and OB; outpatient/OR/infusion; ED; and the clinic. It does NOT apply to the care center or assisted livings which have their own policies/guidelines.
- All visitors still need to be screened and wear a mask during their entire time in the building.
- Exceptions to the two visitors at a time limit include compassionate care visits and provider discretion on a patient-by-patient basis.
- Care Center – Open visitation, but all visitors must go through screening prior to entering the building, and follow all posted rules and guidance during the visit.
- Lakewood Pines – Open visitation, but all visitors must go through screening prior to entering the building, and follow all posted rules and guidance during the visit.
- Lakewood Manor – Open visitation, but all visitors must go through screening prior to entering the building, and follow all posted rules and guidance during the visit.
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – Scheduled visitors and compassionate care visits allowed at this time.
If you have questions, please call the respective numbers below:
- Hospital/Emergency Department/Surgery/Clinics – 218-894-1515
- Care Center – 218-894- 8345
- Lakewood Pines – 218-894-4460
- Lakewood Manor – 218-894-2124
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections) – 218-894-8200
These restrictions apply to the family and friends of staff members, as well as those visiting The Grille and The Shoppe.
Contact us with any questions about our COVID-19 visitor and screening policy.