Lakewood is screening all employees, patients and visitors prior to entry into our facilities. We are also restricting visitors. Please see below for details.
Patient and Visitor Screening
Per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requirements, Lakewood is screening patients, visitors and staff at all building entrances. All visitors must pass screening to proceed into the building. Any patients who don’t pass screening can either leave the building or be seen in our Quick Care clinic. Everyone who enters is expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. Screening consists of:
- Answering whether you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Answering whether you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are waiting on test results
Please be honest about the answers you give during the screening process as this allows us to provide the best, safest care to all our patients.
Effective Thursday, May 12th, 2022, the following visitor policies are in place:
- Hospital/OB: no visitor limit.
- COVID-positive OB patients are allowed one support person during their stay.
- COVID-positive patients are not allowed visitors until the patient has been removed from precautions.
- Exceptions to the COVID-positive patient visitor policy include compassionate care visits and provider discretion on a patient-by-patient basis.
- Surgery/outpatient: Limit of two visitors per patient.
- Emergency department: Limit of two visitors per patient.
- Care Center: open visitation.
- Lakewood Pines: open visitation.
- Lakewood Manor: open visitation.
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections): scheduled visitors and compassionate care visits allowed at this time.
ALL visitors to any Lakewood facility must complete screening upon entering the building, and are expected to wear a mask and comply with all guidance during their time in the building.
If you have questions, please call the respective numbers below:
- Hospital/emergency department/surgery/clinics: 218-894-1515
- Care Center: 218-894- 8345
- Lakewood Pines: 218-894-4460
- Lakewood Manor: 218-894-2124
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections): 218-894-8200
Contact us with any questions about our COVID-19 visitor and screening policy.