Lakewood is screening all employees, patients and visitors prior to entry into our facilities. Some visitor restrictions are also in place for some areas of the facility in order to ensure the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors. Please see below for details.
Patient and Visitor Screening
Per Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requirements, Lakewood is screening patients, visitors and staff at all building entrances. All visitors must pass screening to proceed into the building. Any patients who don’t pass screening can either leave the building or be seen in our Quick Care clinic. Everyone who enters is expected to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the building. Screening consists of:
- Answering whether you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Answering whether you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are waiting on test results
Please be honest about the answers you give during the screening process as this allows us to provide the best, safest care to all our patients.
Effective December 26th, 2022, the following visitor restrictions are in place:
- Hospital/OB: limit of two visitors at a time per patient. Visitors who are NOT in a patient room need to wait in a public space, such as The Grille or fireplace area.
- Surgery/outpatient: Limit of two visitors per patient.
- Emergency department: Limit of two visitors per patient.
- Care Center: open visitation.
- Lakewood Pines: open visitation.
- Lakewood Manor: open visitation.
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections): scheduled visitors during set visitor hours.
ALL visitors to any Lakewood facility must complete screening upon entering the building, and are expected to wear a mask and comply with all guidance during their time in the building.
If you have questions, please call the respective numbers below:
- Hospital/emergency department/surgery/clinics: 218-894-1515
- Care Center: 218-894- 8345
- Lakewood Pines: 218-894-4460
- Lakewood Manor: 218-894-2124
- Behavioral Health Unit (Reflections): 218-894-8200
Contact us with any questions about our COVID-19 visitor and screening policy.