Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! People like you are an essential piece to the high-quality care we offer our patients and residents. There are numerous opportunities available, so we’ll be sure to find the best match for your time, talent and skills.
How Do I Become A Volunteer?
Who Can Volunteer?
Lakewood Health System volunteers are those at least 14 years of age or older. We ask for a commitment of 10 hours per year, which is less than one hour per month. Whether you wish to come every week, once a month or seasonally, we welcome you as part of our organization! Volunteer opportunities are available at our Main and Senior Campuses, Lakewood Pines and Manor, and some satellite clinics.
As a volunteer, there are a variety of positions available varying in the amount of patient contact and physical activity. Some of the opportunities include:
- Providing musical entertainment
- Clerical/office tasks
- Knitting baby caps/quilts
- Gift shop assistant
- Hospice program volunteering
- Visiting with residents and patients
- Many more!
How Will I Benefit From Volunteering?
As a volunteer at Lakewood Health System, you will benefit greatly, as will those around you. Volunteering gives you the chance to:
- Utilize your talents, develop new skills and explore interests
- Receive complimentary meals and snacks
- Receive recognition through events and awards
- Socialize, network and connect with people in our community
- Stay active and exercise
- Live a longer, happier, healthier life
- Make a difference in the lives of patients and their families
We look forward to hearing from you and having you become part of the Lakewood family! Lakewood Health System volunteers and our healthcare team share one common goal of providing quality, personalized healthcare for a lifetime. Because one person can make a great difference.
Email Human Resources if you have more questions about volunteering!