Our goal is to provide 5-star service through comprehensive and personalized care. To meet this goal, we will develop a personal relationship with each patient, coach, family member and volunteer to ensure patient satisfaction and quality outcomes. Furthermore, we will personally meet with each individual patient to discuss personal goals and expectations of the program. We take the time to educate all parties involved throughout the entire process in order to meet the patient-established goals and expectations.
Our team of interdisciplinary staff members will work together seamlessly to create the best patient experience possible.
A total joint replacement surgery can improve the quality of life for people suffering from arthritis, previous joint injuries or chronic pain. The Joint Connection program provides or coordinates:
- A complete history and physical
- Laboratory tests and diagnostics
- Comprehensive educational program and follow-up for the patient and their coach
- Physical and occupational therapy evaluation, as well as in-patient and out-patient physical therapy
- Transitional care for those individuals unable to be discharged home after the anticipated 3-day program
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons from Essentia Health St. Joseph’s – Orthopedics Clinic: Nick Leismester, MD; Chris Metz, MD; Ashley Nord, MD; Paul Rud, MD, Program Medical Director; and Paul Thompson, MD.
Joint Connection Team Members
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Primary care providers
- Joint Connection coordinator and orthopedic case manager
- Patient benefit coordinators
- Anesthesia providers
- Dedicated joint replacement nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Massage therapists
Comprehensive Replacement Care
Joint Connection at Lakewood Health System is your home for comprehensive joint replacement care. Our program is designed to return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. Most patients will be able to walk the first day after surgery and move towards normal activity in six to twelve weeks.
Our Joint Connection Coordinator will work with you from the moment you decide to have surgery to plan your individual treatment program and will act as your guide throughout your joint replacement experience. You’ll be supported by an entire team who specialize in joint replacement care, including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists. Joint Connection will work with you to make your joint replacement ‘a walk in the park.”
Joint Connection at Lakewood Health System is designed to encourage the best possible results for you. As part of your Walk in the Park, you will be provided with a comprehensive patient Guidebook for you to follow from your initial visit prior to surgery until three months after surgery, and beyond. In addition, our program emphasizes group activities during your recovery process including Picnics in the Park and group physical therapy sessions.