Breast Health Navigator
Lakewood Health System offers an on-staff Breast Health Navigator, available as a resource for a variety of breast health information, tools and support. Our Breast Health Navigator offers the following support:
- A resource to YOU–the patient–to help you navigate through your personal healthcare experience.
- A regional resource for other organizations and healthcare facilities to work together to proactively help women who deal with breast cancer to navigate the healthcare system, no matter where they may live or receive care.
- To develop and deliver educational material and outreach to the female populations we serve.
- To help family caregivers take care of their loved ones and themselves by providing them with the resources to do so.
Don’t let cost be an excuse for not taking care of yourself. Lakewood Health System is a SAGE provider. SAGE offers free screenings and follow-up to uninsured or underinsured women. The Sage Screening Program (formerly the Minnesota Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program) is a statewide comprehensive breast and cervical cancer screening program whose primary objective is to increase the proportion of age-appropriate women who are screened for breast and cervical cancer. SAGE focuses on:
- Providing free screening and follow-up services to uninsured and underinsured women
- Reaching out to women who may not have regular health care providers
- Educating the public about the importance of screening
- Raising awareness among health professionals
- Developing statewide partnerships to promote screening
If you have questions about the SAGE program, eligibility, etc., contact the Lakewood Health System Business Office: 218-894-8328
Breast Prosthetic Fitters
Lakewood Health System has three certified breast prosthetic fitters available to assist patients who have gone through a mastectomy. Our fitters have completed the necessary training to be able to provide patients with an assessment, treatment plan, implementation, and follow-up for those using external breast prostheses, bras, and other post-mastectomy services.
Breast prosthetic products are also available at Lakewood’s Medical Marketplace. Fitting services are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. by appointment. To learn more or make an appointment, call 218-894-8567.