Don’t let cost be an excuse for not taking care of yourself. Lakewood Health System is a SAGE provider. SAGE offers free screenings and follow-up to uninsured or underinsured women. The Sage Screening Program (formerly the Minnesota Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program) is a statewide comprehensive breast and cervical cancer screening program whose primary objective is to increase the proportion of age-appropriate women who are screened for breast and cervical cancer. SAGE focuses on:
- Providing free screening and follow-up services to uninsured and underinsured women
- Reaching out to women who may not have regular health care providers
- Educating the public about the importance of screening
- Raising awareness among health professionals
- Developing statewide partnerships to promote screening
If you have questions about the SAGE program, eligibility, etc., contact the Lakewood Health System Business Office: 218-894-8328
Breast Prosthetic Fitter
Lakewood Health System has a certified breast prosthetic fitter available to assist patients who have gone through a mastectomy. Our fitter has completed the necessary training to be able to provide patients with an assessment, treatment plan, implementation, and follow-up for those using external breast prostheses, bras, and other post-mastectomy services.
Breast prosthetic products are also available at Lakewood’s Medical Marketplace. Fitting services are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. by appointment. To learn more or make an appointment, call 218-894-8276.