The Lakewood Health System Foundation was established in 1994, with the intent to help support the well-being of our communities. Thanks to our employees, community members, business partners, and more, Lakewood Health System is making a difference in the lives of our neighbors – providing the best possible care today, and into the future. We work closely with volunteers, medical providers, staff, community members, and neighbors to keep our care and services current and cost-effective, and our communities happy and healthy.
Your gifts to the Lakewood Health System Foundation will help fulfill care needs both in our facilities, as well as in the communities we serve – enriching lives every day.
With your help, we pledge to continue to make a difference in the lives of our patients, their families, and our community members. Thank you for your support!
To donate to the Foundation, click on the link below!
Lakewood Health System is an integral part of our community and economic development, and the Lakewood Foundation exists to ensure our communities continue to thrive and grow. Gifts from supporters like you enable us to provide vital care and services far beyond what we are reimbursed for and help us fulfill our mission of improving the health of all members of the communities we serve. Thank you for your generosity!
Easy Online Giving
With a credit card and a few simple clicks, you can make a secure and convenient donation right now. You can designate your online gift to the area or program of your choice:
- Aging Gracefully/Hospice: Hospice, palliative care, care center, and support groups
- Cancer Care: Chemotherapy, support and care
- Children and Youth: Helmets Worth Wearing and Reach Out and Read
- Education: Patient notebooks, nursing scholarships and trainings
- Health: Diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and mental health
- Serenity Garden: Honoring loved ones
- Women’s Health: Infertility program, health screenings for women, and support programs
- Mission: Grateful giving in honor of nurse, medical provider or staff member
- Capital campaign and/or equipment: Expansion and/or improvement to Lakewood
- Engage – Community Health: Fresh Delivered, Food Farmacy and Cardinal PAX
Other Giving Options
We provide a variety of other options to fit your specific giving needs or situation:
- Planned Giving – When planning a future gift, it’s sometimes difficult to determine what size donation will make sense. Including a percentage of your estate ensures your gift will remain proportionate no matter how your estate’s value fluctuates over the years.
- Living Will – It’s pretty simple to add a few sentences to your will or trust . The specific bequest language for Lakewood Foundation is: “I (name), of (city, state, zip), give, devise and bequeath to Lakewood Health System Foundation (written amount or % of estate or description of property) for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Stock, Real Estate or Personal Property – You can give to the Foundation by transferring stocks, assets or investments, or by donating personal property and/or real estate.
- Honor & Remember Loved Ones – Honor your family and friends on special occasions, wish for a speedy recovery, or express your condolences. All donations are acknowledged to the individual or family you are honoring.
Please contact our Foundation to further discuss these options.
The Foundation holds a number of events and fundraisers throughout the year to raise money in support of community health-related projects. Events include:
The Foundation Dinner Auction is an annual event to raise funds for Foundation-supported programs and initiatives in the community. Each year, the Foundation grants dollars for health-related projects/programs to businesses, schools, and organizations and our hospital needs.
The Lakewood Foundation ‘A Night of Giving’ Dinner + Auction will take place on Friday, April 29th, 2022 at Timbers Restaurant & Event Center. Click the link to learn more, purchase tickets and more: https://one.bidpal.net/lhsfoundation
The annual Foundation Golf Classic is held at The Vintage Golf Club in Staples every August. Teams play 18 holes, with an afternoon tee time. All funds raised go towards healthcare needs and services at Lakewood and the communities we serve.
Check back closer to the event for more details.
Seasons of Lights
Presented by the Lakewood Health System Foundation and Lakewood Hospice program, the lighting ceremony is a meaningful way for families and friends to pay tribute to the memory of a special loved one or honor someone living by purchasing a light for the memorial tree. Contributions benefit Lakewood’s hospice program. Season of Lights is typically held in November each year. The event takes place at Timbers Restaurant and Event Center.
Check back for details closer to the event.
To donate to the Foundation, click on the link below.